Back pain is one of the most significant causes of quality-of-life loss in Australia and Chiropractic is at the forefront of non-surgical treatment.
The vast majority of people in Melbourne will at some stage suffer with back pain. Some may find it debilitating, others may simply have a niggle that chronically annoys them. Either way, back pain tends to become chronic and more severe when left untreated.
Back Pain Chiropractor
If you’ve done the ‘back pain specialist’ search in google, then you’ve probably already noticed there seems to be an endless list of treatments for back pain these days. Different professions, exercises, gimmicks, supplements, diets, it just goes on and on…
Successful treatment of back pain at a back pain chiropractor really requires three key things:
- Correct diagnosis of the dysfunction driving your problem
- Broad integrated approach to correct all the components of your problem
- Identification and correction of the triggers which initiated your problem
To choose Chiropractic at Spinewise is to choose an integrative approach bringing the best of all worlds into one structured, strategically planned out and personalized treatment program.
Whilst Chiropractors have been leaders in back pain treatment for many years, integrating functional and physiological approaches to traditional spinal and structural care has allowed our team of experts to develop unique protocols targeted to the each of the various causes of back pain.
What Causes Back Pain?
This is a question which researchers have been asking for years…. The cause of back pain!
Truth has it, there is no one cause of back pain. Back pain is the result of dysfunction in series of systems that govern the way spinal integrity is maintained. The dysfunction can arise for a number of reasons such as:
- Biomechanical (structure, muscular)
- Pathological (Disease)
- Visceral (Referred pain from an organ)
- Physiological (imbalances in physiology such as inflammation or fatigue)
The location of your pain, the intensity, the type, the frequency and time of day it occurs all provides vital clues as to the cause of your pain. When combined with our unique approach to assessment, we can rapidly ascertain the most likely cause of your pain and provide back pain solution and recommendations as to the quickest and most appropriate treatment for
Back Pain Treatment Melbourne
With so many different causes and so many different treatments available you can be forgiven for feeling a little confused. So, let’s start with some basics.
- Stop Focussing on the Scans – Whist x-ray, MRI and CT have provided us with an incredible ability to assess the fundamentals of spinal anatomy, they say nothing to very little about your function. Just because there is degenerative arthritis or a protruding “slipped” disc does not necessarily mean nothing can be done or you need surgery.
- It’s All About Function – Whilst doing strengthening exercises does provide relief for many people, our experience has been this has the effect of hiding the deficiencies in the system. The result is when the activity is stopped the pain tends to return. By identifying the deficiencies and improving the ‘function’ in these areas, there is often a reduced requirement to use exercise or rehabilitation for lower back pain treatment Melbourne.
- Reducing Inflammation can Help Everyone – Even for those with late-stage degenerative arthritis, reducing inflammation can significantly help quality of life. That doesn’t mean living on potentially harmful anti-inflammatories or rubbing in potions and lotions for the rest of your life, there are many ways systemic inflammation can be managed, simply.
Spinewise Back Pain Treatment Melbourne
Our unique team of Chiropractic experts have not only worked with thousands of people like you, undergone 5 years of undergraduate training and completed years of post-graduate training, our team has developed unique protocols that provide an integrative conservative approach to the different types of back pain.
We recognize it’s about YOU not us. In fact, you’re probably looking for the “best back specialist in Melbourne”. Well, we’re here to identify the cause of your problems and provide you with recommendations to correct AND prevent recurrence. For some that just means getting them quickly out of pain, whilst for others they want a complete protocol that not only rids them of pain but deals with the potential causes, be it health or lifestyle, that may be underlying their problem.
We’re here to help you.
If you wish to make an appointment with one of our experts you can book online or give us a call on 9318 7758 and our amazing and friendly reception team will walk you through the process. Still unsure?
Just click the chat button and let’s talk or arrange for a free 15min chat with one of our experts to see if we might be able to help you. Just give the team a call on 93187758 and our team will take care of it for you.